KAWA IS THE FIRST FINALIST
Qualifier Katarzyna Kawa from Poland outlasted the American Bernarda Pera – 6/2, 6/3 in straight sets that lasted for a bit more than one hour. Kawa aced 2 times and made 1 double fault. Pera made 2 aces and 5 double faults accordingly.
«To be honest somewhere in my mind I could imagine being in the finals. Every win is precious. And as I do not have so much experience at WTA level especially at top 100 level, so I am lucky. I am a challenger and I can beat them. I had a lot of matches in three sets, but this one in 2 sets, yes, I am confident, but I cannot say that this match was too easy for me even though it was in two sets. It was pretty exhausting and I happy to be in finals. Of course, I need some time off tennis, it was a long week for me and tomorrow is quite important day too. So I think today I will just relax and tomorrow I will get ready for the match», - said Katarzyna.
In the next round Kawa will battle with the winner of the match Anastasija Sevastova (Latvia)/Anastasia Potapova (Russia).
The press-service of the tournament asked Katarzyna Kawa a couple more questions off-court:
- This is your first WTA final, how do you feel about it?
- I was really happy yesterday and I'm even happier today. I was just going my way.
- You have a fan-page on Instagram. On your fan-page I saw they call you Kesia. How do you feel with such support?
- It's amazing. I got so many messages last day. I have been out of nowhere and people are so happy to see another one Polish player on WTA tour.
- How do you look after your health and physical form? Do you have any special diets?
- I'm just trying to eat healthy and having a good energy level all the time.
- One year on tour there was a Novak Djokovic diet, what trends do you have on tour this year?
- I don't follow trends. I like to eat good food. But when you have a nutrition it's the best thing.
- In the finals you will face Anastasija Sevastova or Anastasia Potapova. Whom do you want to play with more?
- I have no idea. I mean they are both better on ranking. I'm just happy to be in the final.