JELENA OSTAPENKO: «I LOST IN SINGLES, SO NOW I WILL TRY TO WIN IN DOUBLES»
- Alena, what happened? You started out well, but what made it go downhill?
- I'm not sure, it's hard to say overall. I thought that there were some moments when she was winning. I had a chance at 2-2 in the 0-40 serve, but I rushed in and she won the game. It felt like everything fell on her side. It's hard for me to say anything at the moment.
- What are the emotions in front of the spectators?
- Of course, it's always nice to play at home, and I had a huge support. I really wanted to show my best game, because of my supporters, but unfortunately it wasn't my match today. It didn't work out and I'm dissapointed.
- What's the problem with your performance lately? Is it mental or is it consequences of injuries?
- I don't know, right now it's hard to comment. I want this season to end as soon as possible, so I could have a fresh start next season.
- You still have doubles. Will you do everything to win those games?
- Of course, it would be nice to win, but it's the only thing I have now. I lost in singles, so now I will try to win in doubles, so fans can come, watch and support. Doubles is not my priority, but I will use it as a good practice.